Are you a seasoned Network Architect with a passion for cutting-edge technology and innovation? An exciting opportunity awaits you to join a leading organization in the trading world, located in Amsterdam.
As a Network Architect, you will take the lead in designing and managing our state-of-the-art, low latency network infrastructure. Your expertise will be vital in staying ahead of the curve with emerging technologies and proposing continuous improvements to optimize our network performance.
Your responsibilities will extend to overseeing the secure architecture, implementation, and documentation of our network systems across the EMEA region. Collaborating with a diverse team of engineers and IT professionals, you will work collectively to deploy secure and efficient network designs.
Efficiency and reliability are paramount in the fast-paced trading environment. Your proficiency in automation and modern configuration management will be key to maintaining a resilient and responsive trading platform. Whether it's streamlining data flow for critical trading applications or automating repetitive tasks, you'll be a driving force behind enhancing our network infrastructure.
About the role
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the development and optimization of our trading infrastructure and strategies. Joining a small, agile team, you'll be responsible for end-to-end solutions, from development and testing to product deployment and process automation, enabling us to capitalize on market opportunities with speed and precision.
- 6-10 years of work experience as a network engineer or architect ideally in a high frequency trading environment;
- Have experience with but not limited to the following hardware:
- IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, Layer 1 Switching, Matrix Switching, Sniffers, Netflow/sFLow Sensors, Application Performance Monitoring, Network Time Servers;
- Have experience with but not limited to the following software/OS stack:
- EOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, PAN-OS, ASA, Linux;
- Have experience with but not limited to the following protocols:
- Ethernet, ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, OSPF, PIM, BGP, IGMP, PTP, GPS, LACP, 802.1Q, 802.1w, LLDP, VRRP;
- Strong working knowledge of automation applications and frameworks, including monitoring applications, in the networking environment (including but not limited to Python) being able to make API calls and requests.