Triggered by a high intensity / high availability environment? Than I am looking for you!
Enabling global customer interaction, this organisation provides a communications platforms linking thousands of enterprises with their customers.
Your role as Infrastructure Engineer:
As there is a lot on the line, they are looking for the brightest, highly skilled infrastructure engineers. You will optimise the infrastructure enabling it to scale to hundreds of millions of messages all over the world. The linux-driven software runs on a hybrid platform with load balancers and automatic failovers. Planning to extend to multiple cloud platforms, both public and private in several continents, they are looking for extra manpower to support their goals.
Start date: March 2018
Contract length: 6 or 12 months with option to extend
- Ensure the uptime and security of the complex production infrastructure, as well as keeping it up-to-date;
- Ensuring that the production is scalable all over the world in different continents through different nodes;
- Help the teams to release their microservices in the cloud;
- You take a leading role in advising on containerisation; Docker and kubernetes;
- You will act as the go-to person for communication with suppliers and providers;
- Troubleshooting on incident and security incidents.
Skills & experience you need as future Infrastructure Engineer:
- Over 5 years of Linux Experience;
- Extensive knowledge on cloud performance and migration to the cloud (AWS and Google);
- Strong configuration management skills; Ansible, Salt, Puppet and/or Chef;
- Monitoring; Zabbix, Nagios or Prometheus;
- Experience with high-level programming languages Python, Ruby and/or Go;
- Experience with network and load balancing server stacks.
Furthermore you are a solution thinker, have strong cooperation skills, are a strong critical thinker and problem solver. Last but not least, you promote SysAdmin. And it would be awesome if you have IaaC knowledge.
Sounds like a match for you? Don’t hesitate to contact me.