Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer
Are DC to Cloud migration projects your field of interest and expertise? Do you agree the ‘automate everything’ mindset is the way to go?
This organization is currently making a transformation to a Cloud Native Infrastructure, for which their complete application landscape should be adapted. They have a hybrid Linux/Windows environment and have decided to choose AWS as their main cloud provider although they also run some services in Azure. Your role would be to fully automate the environment by implementing and further optimizing CI/CD practices. Next to automation you and your team introduce new technologies like containerization concepts.
Location: The Hague Region
Start date: Open to discuss
Contract length: Minimum of 6 months
Responsibilities as a Sr Cloud Automation Engineer
Your main responsibility is further implementing CI/CD in the AWS/Azure cloud environment, for an international organization based in several locations globally. You advocate your knowledge on automation and automated testing, and are able to teach others your tricks of the trade.
You and your team will also be introducing new technologies to the environment. Currently they are further exploring containerization concepts (Docker and kubernetes) and are steering towards Terraform. If you are someone who is constantly on the lookout for the newest tools, technologies and optimizations, this is the role for you.
As the environment runs globally, there is no need for knowing a specific toolset for the CI/CD implementations. However, locally they have chosen the Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo etc.) Moreover, you need good understanding of de basic Systems, Cloud, Monitoring, Security, Databases and (Cloud) Networking concepts.
Required skills and experience
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Engineering, knowledge of Azure is nice to have
- Knowledge of Linux (mainly) and Windows Systems Engineering
- Proven experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, VSTS etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management tooling (Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with IaC (Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Proven scripting abilities (Bash, Powershell)
- Experience with containerization (Docker)
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Good understanding of the entire IT Infrastructure stack
Nice to have
- Certifications for AWS and/or Azure.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite is nice to have
- Programming abilities in Python and/or Ruby
- Experience with kubernetes
Interested in hearing more?
Please get in touch.