Senior Linux (DevOps) Engineer (detachering opportunity)
Are you interested in working for a TOP employer in the Netherlands?
Tergos is currently looking to employ a Senior Linux (DevOps) Engineer to work on a long-term project at an enterprise organisation in the area of The Hague.
Your role as a Sr. DevOps Engineer
At this leading international organisation you are responsible for the build and maintenance of the enterprise size IT Infrastructure. This is a scalable and automated environment; on-prem (RHEL) and cloud (AWS) based. You will actively contribute to automate everything on the global IT environment. Next to this you will work on migration projects and transition teams to the automated environment.
You will work together with a team of DevOps specialists to service the full spectrum; delivering support, troubleshooting and optimizing the environment. You will also do recommendations on the system architecture and take your lessons learned to this client to advice on used tooling and technologies.
Moreover, you will need a general understanding of the IT Infrastructure stack; networking, system, middleware and virtualisation, and have troubleshooting skills on both the networking as system layer. Also, Security and documentation are KEY!
There is a dynamic and multicultural atmosphere, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Skills and experiences
- A minimum of 5 years of Linux SysAdmin experience, preferably with RHEL/CentOS in production;
- Experience working in an AWS environment in production;
- Experience with troubleshooting on systems and networking;
- Experience with virtualisation (VMWare ESX);
- Extensive experience with Ansible and Terraform;
- Experience with man. tooling (Satellite, Nagios etc.);
- Experience with setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with scripting in 2 or more languages (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
- You are Security minded!
- You don’t neglect good documentation;
- Ability to speak with multiple layers within the organisation;
- You are a self-starter;
- Good communication skills in English required (Dutch is bonus);
Nice to have
- Experience with other Config. Man. tools like Puppet and Chef.
- Experience with Jenkins;
- RHCE Certified
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
What we can also offer you
- We offer our consultants access to a knowledge platform to get certifications etc.;
- We host regular meetups to meet and learn from peers in the industry;
- We give you a 26 holidays, good pension scheme, full public transport expenses covered and/or an opportunity for a lease car.
Interested to hear more?
Please do not hesitate to contact me!