Sr./Lead Cloud & Automation Engineer – AWS & CI/CD
This enterprise organization has a large need for expert CI/CD Specialists, with knowledge of Engineering in an AWS/Linux environment. They already run a big chunk of their enormous infrastructure on AWS, but are currently further optimizing this environment with an ‘automate everything mindset’.
They are looking for you, raising the expertise and knowledge level around CI/CD in their environment in the role of Senior/Lead Engineer. You are completely hands-on and are leading from the front, also being the go to guy(or girl) around CI/CD practices.
Location: The Hague Region
Start date: Open to discuss
Contract length: 6 months, option to extend
Responsibilities as a Cloud & Automation Engineer
Your main responsibility is further implementing CI/CD in the AWS cloud environment, for an international organization based in several locations globally. You advocate your knowledge on automation and automated testing, and are able to teach others your tricks of the trade.
You and your team will also be introducing new technologies to the environment. Currently they are further exploring containerization concepts (Docker and kubernetes) and are steering towards Infra as Code (as much Cloud Native as possible). If you are someone who is constantly on the lookout for the newest tools, technologies and optimizations, this is the role for you.
Required skills and experience
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Engineering
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat)
- Proven expertise with CI/CD (Azure DevOps and others)
- Experience with Configuration Management tooling (Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with IaC (Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Proven scripting abilities (Bash, Python)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes nice to have)
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Good understanding of the entire IT Infrastructure stack, including troubleshooting
Nice to have
- Certifications for AWS
- RHCE Certified
Interested in hearing more?
Please get in touch.
Consultant | Cloud, Systems & DevOps