Cloud (DevOps) Engineer – AWS/Azure
Are you looking for a new challenge in the role of Cloud (DevOps) Engineer – in which you will be confronted with IT cases related to cutting edge technologies? Do you get excited about complex IT environments and working for well known (international) organizations? Then Tergos is looking for you!
For this specific upcoming assignment, you can join an organization working with the newest technologies – who already have a solid team of experienced Cloud (DevOps) Specialists. Required is experience engineering in an multi-cloud (AWS and/or Azure) and Linux environment. Public Cloud is already of great importance, most services run in AWS but the organization is looking to adopt a multi-cloud strategy which is why Azure is being onboarded too. They are continuously optimizing their environment with a Cloud Native approach and an automate everything mindset.
Location: The Hague Area
Start date: Open to discuss
Contract: via Tergos (more info below)
Responsibilities as a Cloud Engineer
You join a team of seasoned engineers. Your main responsibility is further implementing automated pipelines, containerization and Infra as Code. They have a need for Senior Engineers who know their own way around, but could also take on someone who functions best taken under the wing of a team of seasoned engineers.
You and your team will also be introducing new technologies to the environment. Currently they are further exploring containerization concepts, are steering towards Cloud Native solutions where possible and optimize their implementation and use of Splunk. Moreover, you'll have the chance gaining experience in both the AWS as Azure platforms.
Required skills and experience
- Experience as an Engineer in an AWS/Azure and Linux environment (RHEL)
- Proven expertise with CI/CD (Azure DevOps, Jenkins and/or others)
- Experience with Configuration Management tooling (Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with IaC (Terraform/CloudFormation)
- Experience working with Splunk (or similar)
- Proven scripting abilities (Bash, Python)
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes nice to have)
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Good understanding of the entire IT Infrastructure stack, including troubleshooting
Nice to have (but we could also help with that)
- Certifications for AWS and/or Azure
- Linux certifications
Working at Tergos means you are part of the largest IT Infrastructure & Security network in the Netherlands. Tergos is a niche brand of Altus Staffing - an international IT staffing organization. Our niche driven approach is unique. By having a clear focus on a niche within the IT landscape, Tergos is a sparring partner for both our customers and the specialists around IT Infrastructure & Security related topics. This enables us to provide you with assignments fully in line with your wishes and expectations. Altus counts a total of 5 niche brands. So there is a high probability you run in to an Altus colleague at your assignment. This assignment is published by the Tergos Cloud & DevOps Team.
What’s in it for YOU
The most import is that together we find you the most interesting project(s) to work on. Working in the right environment, with the right atmosphere in a team you like.
Included by default;
- Good salary
- A tailored study program with a personal study budget; getting certified in cloud, Kubernetes or anything else that will help you become a better specialist in your field.
- Great colleagues.
- Be part of the largest IT Infrastructure & Security network; currently over 900 interim specialists are active through the 5 Altus brands in The Netherlands at this moment.
- Travel allowance or company car.
- Best in industry retirement plan.
- If necessary; we can be a IND referent for people who already live in The Netherlands.
As you might already know – we host meetups regularly. As we practice this unique niche approach, we also like to keep up to date on everything that goes on in “Cloud & DevOps world”. Join us at our 2-montly Cloud & DevOps Meetup via our IT Infrastructure & Security Alliance Meetup platform, or speak at one yourself! Next to the meetups we have the ‘vrijdagmiddag borrel’ (every Friday!) and regular networking events.
This sounds promising to you?
Let’s get in touch!