Technical Application Support Engineer
For a global enterprise organization I’m looking for an experienced all-round specialist with extensive knowledge in both the field of System- and Network Engineering and support.
This global enterprise organization is facing a high workload, which is why they want to upscale their headcount with another all-round Technical Application Support Engineer, with a focus on IT Infrastructure. You will work in an international team with people located all over the world.
The team you will work in has operational workloads with incidental projects on the side. Together with your team you ensure the reliability and security of the application and infrastructure landscape, which are vital to the business.
Location: The Hague Area
Start date: September 2020
Contract length: 12 months, option to extend
Responsibilities as Technical Application Support Engineer;
- Technical Application Support on a large number of applications, with a focus on five large main applications vital to business operations.
- You work in a team and communicate both with the business to assess requirements, and communicate with 3rd line support of both internal and external teams.
- You are self-steering and do support on all-round IT Infra; systems, databases and hosting & connectivity. But, also might do some work around user access management if needed.
- Analyse, plan, design and execute changes, patches and upgrades to the environment. Reviewing and implementing IT security standards and protocols.
- Working in operational support, with some projects on the side.
Skills and requirements
- 3+ years Technical IT Application Support experience working in enterprise organizations.
- Experience with System Engineering; Windows, Linux, AWS and Azure.
- Experience with databases like; Oracle, SQL and ability to write basic queries.
- Experience with dedicated network connectivity to support SaaS applications like VPN, firewalls, routers and encryption.
- Experience with technical end-user support, issues and troubleshooting.
- Participate in audits and controls testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and communicating with (globally located) stakeholders.
- Flexible to assist in escalations outside of normal working hours.
- Experience working in the agile way of working.
- You are a self-starter, who doesn’t scare away of researching some issues you haven’t encountered before yourself without immediately asking for help.
- Ability to learn new things quickly
Interested in learning more about this position? Please be in touch.