For my client I am looking for an engineer with an ‘automate first’ mentality. Someone who is familiar with complex, dynamic, environments and likes sharing knowledge with others.
About the jobThe engineer will be part of a team with several different specialist (DBA, Linux, Cloud) and therefore the work varies a lot. It not only entails Linux administration work, the specialist will also be involved with the AWS Cloud and working closely together with the Cloud Team. Applications will be scripted in Ansible and controlled by Jenkins. In addition, troubleshooting of incidents on applications and making sure the O/S is scripted via Ansible/Python.
It's important that the engineer is willing to participate in the 24/7 shift but the frequency depends of the number of people within the team. Currently there are 3 engineers which means it will be once in a month.
Skills and experience:
- Engineering capabilities (jack of all trades) in an open source environment with a passion for development and automation;
- An outgoing personality, who likes to connect with other people and other teams;
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS)
- Experience with CI/CD and tooling; Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Python;
- Experience with AWS Cloud;
- Experience with Containerization; Docker but Kubernetes is a big plus;
- Knowledge of Apach, HAProxy, Varnish, Redis, Postgres (FDW), Prometheus, Grafana, ELK.
- Location: Amsterdam area, two days on-site
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract length: till the end of the year, with option to extend
- Hours/week: 40
Interested in hearing more? Please get in touch!