As a DevOps engineer you will support and help our Development and QA team in creating and expanding our applications into better, faster, more scalable in-house applications for the business. Our landscape consists of e-commerce applications such as (B2B) webshops and portals, CMS, CRM, data-aggregation and order-processing systems.
- To participate in Scrum-based (feature) teams, collaborating with Technical Leads, Front-end and Back-end Software Engineers, Designers, Product Owners, QA’s and Scrum Masters to develop dynamic server-side web applications across most areas of our business;
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies: Daily Scrums, Refinement sessions, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews (Demos), and Retrospectives;
- Help and guide the other Software Engineers with their DevOps activities;
- Develop technical solutions in line with our system and business-process architecture;
- Develop proofs of concepts, build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments;
- Contribute to developing our technical standards and guidelines;
- Add value to the transitioning and professionalizing development team moving forward from on-premise and private cloud into public cloud, utilizing modern and native technology stack of Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Being up to date with Back-end best practices;
- Monitoring and improving performance using Observablity Platform(s);
- Develop the teams’ skills and processes to deliver value as quickly as possible.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 2+ years of solid experience as a DevOps Engineer;
- Knowledge of AWS Products & Services such as Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object File and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDN’s and Networking;
- Knowledge of Docker containers & Kubernetes;
- Proven working experience in programming languages such as Python or TypeScript;
- Experience with Linux operating systems – experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance;
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines for testing and deployment automation, preferably in Gitlab CI;
- Experience with Infrastructure, as Code using Terraform and/or AWS CloudFormation;
- Valid certification on AWS SysOps Administrator Associate or DevOps Professional is a plus;
- Results-oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities;
- Dynamic team member who can share ideas and is innovative;
- You are living in the Randstad area of the Netherlands (and have the permit to work in the Netherlands);
- Fluent in English language, both verbal and written. Dutch language is a nice to have.
What we offer
An informal, pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic, fast-growing organization. Additionally
- An excellent salary that corresponds to your level of education and work experience;
- Year-end bonus and profit distribution;
- Collective pension and health insurance;
- 27 vacation days;
- Company MacBook Pro and required accessories;
- Discount on IT hardware (for private use) in our webshop;
- Continious learning via our PluralSight and EduBookers learning platforms;
- Travel allowance.
Our employees describe working here as fun and challenging. At every department our core values; challenge, fun and customer central are noticeable. We work in an informal work environment, doors are always open and there is focus on personal development. This can be seen in the fun activities and Friday drinks, but also during the daily work.
We are the biggest IT-reseller in the Benelux and we are still growing. We are with 550 employees. We do everything for our customers and believe that technology is important by achieving personal ambitions. We focus on IT to ensure that professionals can work with the best technology.