The company is located in Utrecht and offers software for supply chain operating networks. They promote new levels of efficiency and profitability. Their clients enjoy a significant value from reducing costs of operations, fewer resources, and faster processes.
For the last decade, the organisation has been focused on building systems in the cloud for the cloud, providing new and innovative ways to support, automate, and scale the complexities of global trade.
As an SRE you will be participating in the SRE team, which is a global team. You will focus on continuing their drive towards modernizing the global supply chain. Think of building, running, maintaining, and scaling fault-tolerant distributed systems deployed around the world.
In addition, you focus and go live in enabling and ensuring efficient and performant production systems. Also. help in maintaining the SLOs in their coordination with application and platform engineering teams.
To continue, the organisation thrives on frequent, open, and transparent communication in a blameless operating environment. They really take pride in managing complex systems and frequent deployments through constant collaboration, building trust, shared ownership, and providing cross-functional value across various teams that deliver our solutions.
• Evaluating and evolving processes all throughout the SDLC;
• Establish, maintain, and monitor SLO’s in coordination with application and platform engineering;
• Bring services to life through participating in RFC-driven development with application and platform engineering;
• Evolve and keep our landscape maintainable through investigation and thoughtful implementation of new AWS services;
• Helping build and maintain tooling to reign in operational overhead as systems grow and become more complex;
• Scaling systems through improving automation and operational practices.
• Maintaining services in production;
• Peer reviewing other SRE contributions to infrastructure and operations code.
Who are you?
• Someone who thrives in finding efficient, creative solutions to complex problems in fast-paced environments;
• Someone who feels comfortable collaborating openly even if the problem or solution is not well understood;
• An enthusiastic, self-motivated, independent critical thinker who knows when to execute and when to ask for help;
• Excited to work on and improve systems that serve billions of transactions a year worth almost a trillion dollars in revenue;
• Passionate about identifying and eliminating repetitive work through automation.
Requested skills & experiences
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field, or equivalent practical work experience;
• 1-5 years of experience working with AWS services;
• 1-5 years of experience in production operations for cloud-based distributed systems;
• 1-5 years of experience helping evaluate and analyze production issues;
• 1-5 years of experience with Unix operating systems;
• 1-5 years of experience as part of on-call rotations for mission-critical systems;
• Familiarity with and/or exposure to Infrastructure As Code.
What you get
• Competitive Compensation Packages;
• Corporate Employee Bonus Program;
• Attractive Pension Plan Offering;
• Wellness & Mental Health Initiatives;
• Flexible Work Schedule;
• Generous Employee Referral Program;
• Quarterly Employee Engagement Events;
• Years of Service Awards;
• Fun Work Environment.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to take on this challenge?
Don’t hesitate to reach out, I will be more than happy to elaborate more?